Meet the Soil, Environmental and Atmospheric Sciences Faculty
Frieda Eivazi, Ph.D.
- Phone: 573-681-5461
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: Lincoln University, Jefferson City, Mo.
- Ph.D. 1980, Iowa State University
- Conservation tillage/long-term management and land use on soil and water quality
- Environmental monitoring
- Remediation of contaminated soils
- Soil enzymes and nutrient cycling
- Research interests are primarily focused on the behavior of selected surfactants in soils to evaluate their interactions with physiochemical and microbial properties. Knowledge of the natural evolution of microorganisms in the soil is crucial to the study of the fate of these chemicals and bioremediation design schemes. Surfactants can affect microbial enzyme activity, stability and/or specificity to positively or negatively affect their role in nutrient cycling and fertility in the soil environment. The most effective method of application of surfactants to soil would depend, in part, upon the adsorption isotherms of the surfactant by the soil.
- Ponder, F., Jr, Kramer, M., and Eivazi, F. 2008.
Effect of Fertilizer Treatments on an Alkaline Soil and on Early Performance of Two Bottomland Oak Species. Proceedings of the 16th Central Hardwood Forest Conference, Page 552-558.
- Eivazi, F. 2008.
Point Source Pesticide Degradation Using "Biobed" Method. J. Comm. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. (in press).
- F. Ponder, and Eivazi, F. 2008.
Activities of five enzymes following soil disturbance and weed control in a Missouri forest. Journal of Environmental Monitoring & Restoration (in press).
- Paro, R, Nsalambi V. Nkongolo1, Shane Johnson, and Eivazi, F. 2007.
Spatial variability of CO2, CH4 and N2O fluxes and soil thermal properties of a secondary forest soil in central Missouri. Journal of Environmental Monitoring & Restoration 3: 42-52.
- Johnson, S., N.V. Nkongolo, R. Paro and F. Eivazi. 2007.
Spatial Variability of Soil Thermal Properties and of CO2, CH4 and N2O Emissions from a Pasture in Central Missouri. JEMREST 3:314-322.
- Eivazi, F., M. R. Bayan, and K. Schmidt. 2003.
Select soil enzyme activities in the historic Sanborn field as affected by long-term cropping systems. Comm. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. Vol. 34 Nos. 15 & 16, pp. 2259-2275.
- Eivazi, F., and M.R. Bayan. 2001.
Effect of long-term fertilization and cropping systems on selected soil enzyme activities. Plant Nutrition-Food Security and Sustainability of Agro-ecosystems. 686-687.
- Eivazi, F., and J.L. Sims. 1997.
Analytical techniques of molybdenum determinations in plants and soils. In Molybdenum in Agriculture, U.C. Gupta (ed.), pp. 92-110, Cambridge University Press.
- Sims, J.L., and F. Eivazi. 1997.
Testing for molybdenum availability in soils. In Molybdenum in Agriculture, U.C. Gupta (ed.), pp. 111-130, Cambridge University Press.