KangJae (Jerry) Lee, Ph.D.
Assistant Teaching Professor
Parks, Recreation and Tourism
- Phone: 573-882-9516
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 105c Anheuser-Busch Natural Resources Building
- Ph.D., 2013, Texas A&M University
- Leisure, sport and tourism behaviors of ethnic and racial minorities
- Community park and outdoor recreation
- Racism and discrimination during leisure and tourism activities
- Serious leisure and recreation specialization
- Intergroup contact during leisure and sport activities
- Administration of Leisure Services (PRT 4208)
- Construct of Leisure (PRT 8400)
- Personnel Management and Leadership in Leisure Services (PRT 3210)
- Recreation Programming (PRT 3215)
- Research Methods (PRT 2750)
- The Business of Sport (PRT 2281: Online)
- Lee, K. J., & Stodolska, M. (2016). Asian North Americans’ leisure: A critical examination of the theoretical frameworks used in research and suggestions for future study. Leisure Sciences. DOI: 10.1080/01490400.2016.1215944
- Lee, K. J., & Scott, D. (2016). Racial discrimination and African Americans’ travel behavior: The utility of habitus and vignette technique. Journal of Tourism Research. DOI:10.1177/0047287516643184
- Lee, K. J., & Scott, D. (2016). Bourdieu and African Americans’ park visitation: The case of Cedar Hill State Park in Texas. Leisure Sciences.
- Lee, K. J., Scott, D., Floyd, M. F., & Edwards, M. (2016). Social stratification in fishing participation in the United States: a multiple hierarchy stratification perspective. Journal of Leisure Research, 48, 245-263.
- Ellis, G., Lee, K. J., & Satchabut, T. (2015) Experimental designs in leisure studies. In G. Walker, D. Scott, M. Stodolska (Eds.), Leisure Matters: The State and Future of Leisure Studies. Venture Publishing Inc.
- Lee, K. J., Dunlap, R., & Edwards, M. (2014). The implication of Bourdieu's theory of practice for leisure studies. Leisure Sciences.
- Lee, K. J., & Scott, D. (2013).
Interracial contact experiences during recreational sports: Korean American males' perspectives, Journal of Leisure Research, 45, 267-294.
- Lee, K. J., & Scott, D. (2011).
Participation in wildlife watching: A multiple hierarchy stratification perspective. Human Dimension of Wildlife, 16, 330-344.
- Lee, K. J., Dunlap, R., & Scott, D. (2011).
Korean American males' serious leisure experiences and their perceptions of different play styles. Leisure Sciences, 33, 290-308.