Meet the Fisheries and Wildlife Faculty
Frank Thompson, Ph.D.
Cooperative Associate Professor
Fisheries and Wildlife
- Phone: 573-875-5341
- E-mail: ThompsonF@missouri.edu
- Address: 302 Anheuser-Busch Natural Resources Building
- Ph.D., 1987, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Neotropical migratory birds, landscape and population ecology.
- Thompson is the project leader for the U. S. Forest Service North Central Forest Experiment Station research work unit located at Columbia, Mo., as well as a cooperative faculty member in the School of Natural Resources. He conducts research on population ecology and habitat selection of birds in forest ecosystems and addresses these problems at local, landscape and regional scales for species ranging from neotropical migratory songbirds to resident gamebirds.
- Thompson's research currently focuses on forest songbirds and the effects of silvicultural practices, effects of forest fragmentation, edge effects and ecological traps, cowbird and predator abundance and behavior, source-sink population structure, and demographics of selected species. This research includes field studies and the use of simulation models.