Meet the Fisheries and Wildlife Faculty
John Faaborg, Ph.D.
Fisheries and Wildlife
- Phone: 573-882-7541
- E-mail: FaaborgJ@missouri.edu
- Address: 224 Tucker Hall
- Web sites:
- Note to Prospective Graduate Students: Most of Faaborg's graduate students get their degrees in his home department, Biological Sciences. Before applying to the Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences Department, please e-mail him at FaaborgJ@missouri.edu.
- Ph.D., 1975, Princeton University
- Avian ecology, behavior and conservation.
- Stake, M.M., F.R. Thompson III, J. Faaborg, and D. Burhans. 2005.
Patterns of snake predation at songbird nests in Missouri and Texas. J. of Herpetology 39: 215-222.
- Faaborg, J. 2005.
Biogeography. Pp. 127-129 in R. Greenberg and P. R. Marra (eds.) Birds of Two Worlds. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD.
- White, J.D., T. Gardali, F.R. Thompson III, and J. Faaborg. 2005.
Resource selection by juvenile Swainson's Thrushes during the post-fledging period. Condor 107: 388-401.
- Kabrick, J.M., R.B. Renken, E.W. Kurzejeski, R.G. Jensen, W.K. Gram, R.L. Clawson, P.A. Porneluzi, J. Faaborg, D.K. Fantz, J. Grabner, and M. Johanson. 2004.
The Missouri Ozark Forest Ecosystem Project: Findings from ten years of evaluating management effects on forest systems. Proceedings of the 14th Central Hardwood Forest Conference. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-316.
- Dugger, K.M., J. Faaborg, W.J. Arendt, and K.A. Hobson. 2004.
Understanding survival and abundance of overwintering warblers: Does rainfall matter? Condor 106: 744-760.
- Arendt, W.J., J. Faaborg, G. E. Wallace, and O.H. Garrido. 2004.
Biometrics of birds throughout the Greater Caribbean Basin. Proceedings of the Western Foundation of Vertebrate Zoology. Vol. 8. 33 pp. plus CD.
- Faaborg, J., W.J. Arendt, and K.M. Dugger. 2004.
Bird population studies in Puerto Rico using mist nets: General patterns and comparisons with point counts. Pp. 144-150 in C.J. Ralph and E. Dunn (eds.) Monitoring bird populations using mist nets. Studies in Avian Biology No. 29.
- Stake, M.M., J. Faaborg, and F.R. Thompson III. 2004.
Video identification of predators at Golden-cheeked Warbler nests. Journal of Field Ornithology 75:337-344.
- Faaborg, J. 2004.
Truly Artificial Nest Studies. Conservation Biology 18: 369-370.
- Faaborg, J. 2004.
How do birds respond to clear-cuts? A forest management experiment in the Ozarks. Environmental Review 11 (3): 1-8.
- Howell, C.A., P.A. Porneluzi, R.L. Clawson, and J. Faaborg. 2004.
Breeding density affects point count accuracy in Missouri forest birds. Journal of Field Ornithology 75: 123-133.
- Gram, W.K., P.A. Porneluzi, R.L. Clawson, J. Faaborg, and S.C. Richter. 2003.
Effects of experimental forest management on density and nesting success of bird species in Missouri Ozark forests. Conservation Biology 17: 1324-1337.
- Herkert, J.R., D.L. Reinking, D.A. Wiedenfeld, M. Winter, J.L. Zimmerman, W.E. Jensen, E.J. Finck, R.R. Kolford, D.H. Wolfe, S.K. Sherrod, M.A. Jenkins, J. Faaborg, and S.K. Robinson. 2003.
Effects of prairie fragmentation on the nest success of breeding birds in the mid-continental United States. Conservation Biology 17:587-594.
- Thompson, F.R. III, T.M. Donovan, R.M. DeGraaf, J. Faaborg, and S.K. Robinson. 2002.
A multi-scale perspective of the effects of forest fragmentation on birds in Eastern Forests. Studies in Avian Biology 25: 8-19.
- Faaborg, J. 2002.
Saving Migrant Birds: Developing strategies for the future. University of Texas Press, Austin, Texas.
- Gram, W.K., V.L. Sork, R.J. Marquis, R.B. Renken, R.L. Clawson, J. Faaborg, D.K. Fantz, J. Le Corff, J. Lill, and P.A. Porneluzi. 2001.
Evaluating the effects of ecosystem management: a case study in a Missouri ozark forest. Ecological Applications 11: 1667-1679.
- Latta, S.C. and J. Faaborg. 2001.
Winter site fidelity of Prairie Warblers in the Dominican Republic. Condor 103: 455-468.