School of Natural Resources Faculty
Jeffrey D. Wood, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor
- Phone: 573-882-3295
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 303B Anheuser-Busch Natural Resources Building
- Website: MOFLUX
- Ph.D. 2013, University of Guelph
- Surface-atmosphere mass and energy exchanges
- Carbon, nitrogen and water cycles in natural and managed systems
- Gas emissions
Wood's research focuses on the exchanges of mass and energy between the biosphere and atmosphere. There is specific emphasis on better understanding the factors controlling fluxes of carbon, water and nitrogen between natural or managed systems and the atmosphere. Current research efforts are directed towards improving constraints on canopy photosynthesis and respiration in forest systems and relations with ecosystem water status.
- Griffis, T.J., J.D. Wood, J.M. Baker, X. Lee, K. Xiao, Z. Chen, L.R. Welp, N.M. Schulz, G. Gorski, M. Chen, J. Nieber. 2016. Investigating the source, transport, and isotope composition of water vapor in the planetary boundary layer. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. 16:5139–5157.
- Wood, J.D., R.J. Gordon, A. Madani, G.W. Stratton, and H.M. Bromley. 2015. Performance of seasonally and continuously loaded constructed wetlands treating dairy farm wastewater. Journal of Environmental Quality, 44:1965–1973.
- Turner, P.A., T.J. Griffis, X. Lee, J.M. Baker, R.T. Venterea, and J.D. Wood. 2015. Indirect nitrous oxide emissions from streams within the US Corn Belt scale with stream order. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 112(32):9839–9843.
- Wood, J.D., T.J. Griffis and J.M. Baker. 2015. Detecting drift bias and exposure errors in solar and photosynthetically active radiation data. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 206:33–44.
- Chen, M., T.J. Griffis, J. Baker, J.D. Wood and K. Xiao 2015. Simulating crop phenology in the Community Land Model and its impact on energy and carbon fluxes, Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, 120, 310–325.
- Wood, J.D., A.C. VanderZaag, C. Wagner-Riddle, E.L. Smith and R.J. Gordon. 2014. Gas emissions from liquid dairy manure: complete versus partial storage emptying. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems, 99:95–105.
- Gebrehanna, M., R.J Gordon, A. Madani, A.C. VanderZaag and J.D. Wood. 2014. Silage effluent management: a review. Journal of Environmental Management, 143:113–122.
- Wood, J.D., R.J. Gordon and C. Wagner-Riddle. 2013. Biases in discrete CH4 and N2O sampling protocols associated with temporal variation of gas fluxes from manure storage systems. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 171–172: 295–305.
- Wood, J.D., R.J. Gordon, C. Wagner-Riddle, K.E. Dunfield and A. Madani. 2012. Relationships between stored dairy slurry total solids, gas emissions, and surface crusts. Journal of Environmental Quality, 41: 694–704.
- Wood, J.D., G.S. Bezanson, R.J. Gordon and R. Jamieson. 2010. Population dynamics of Escherichia coli inoculated by irrigation into the phyllosphere of spinach grown under commercial production conditions. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 143: 198–204.
- MacPhee, N.B., R.J. Gordon, G.A. Gagnon, G.W. Stratton, J. Blanchard and J.D. Wood. 2009. Artificial aeration of agricultural constructed wetlands receiving dairy wastewater. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, 52: 111–119.
- Wood, J.D., R.J. Gordon, A. Madani and G.W. Stratton. 2008. A long term assessment of phosphorus treatment by a constructed wetland receiving dairy wastewater, Wetlands. 28: 715–723.